Typical Indian mindset is, a person is successful only if he or she gets a government job. Every year millions of Indian students prepare for UPSC, SSC, Banking, Government Engineering and State Public Commission Exams. Most of them do it not because of their passion for public or banking services, but to get settled early in life as they say.
Well-known government facilities including healthcare, and a scope of earning through corruption is what that attracts students’ parents to encourage children to keep trying for government jobs. However, the harsh reality is only 30% of Indian economy lies in government sectors, rest 70% in private sector, so as the jobs.
2.8 million Indians applied for 90,000 jobs in Indian Railways in 2018. It is approximate 20% of total youth population in India. Every one young man out of five has applied of jobs in Indian Railways. And only 1 out of 350 gets selected in finals.
Above data is enough to feel, Ahh!
Yes, India has been going through a massive job crisis.
But wait. Not because of there are no works to do, but because of our conservative thinking. Our love for government jobs that are not as lucrative as it looks from outside. A bank employee enters branch sharp at 9:45 AM and leaves only after completing job at 8:45 to 10:00 PM.
Further, in 2016, 1.2 million Indian students appeared for 1209 top jobs of the country. You can check the terrible success rate of 0.1%, means even if there are all candidate of same calibre then chances of your failure is 99.9%.
In banking and SSC competitive exams situation is worse than above.
So what you can do?
Break stereotype. It is not a cup of tea for any government in India to tackle joblessness, if Indian youth is not ready to break stereotype.
I’ve seen a groom rate card for marriage dowry in Bihar. It is based on government jobs, and unbelievable. Break this.
India has seen unbelievable growth in IT sector not just in technical, but in sales, marketing, hr, and others. There are incredible facilities as well that some of the government jobs in India don’t offer.
So, why we are wasting so much time in preparation?
India is world’s largest market, why we are not using this market as entrepreneur?
There are a lot of problems in India that can be solved while earning, why we are not doing that?
These are some basic questions that young India must ask us. Only governments are not responsible for joblessness in India, but we are as well.
Again, starting a coaching centre on the name of entrepreneurship is making the situation even worse. These coaching centres, for IIT, for UPSC, for SSC, not for what is making thing terrible in our country. In IITies, IIMs and other organisations there are less number of talented people, and more are well-stuffed by these centres.
Actually, coaching centres are doing nothing. It’s you who do and clear the exam that you can do from home as well. If coaching centres would have been that much crucial few of their students, but all of them have cleared an exam, which is not at all possible.
So, #BreakStereotype #NoToCoachingCentres #YesToBusiness #YesToPrivateJobs #YesToEntrepreneurship